Couch Shopping

There's nothing better than coming home from vacation to a serious coupon in your mailbox.  That's right.  We got home around 2 o'clock in the morning and were deliriously checking the mail when we came across a Mealey's Furniture mailer.  Typically this is something we would just throw in the trash immediately but this time was different. 


A scratch off!? I'm so in.. to our liking, we scored a 42% discount.  Picture myself jumping for joy at 2 o'clock in the morning. HA.

The next day we went to Mealey's super excited.  (well at least I was super excited!)  On a mission to find the perfect couch at the perfect price.  I had already made an inspiration board for our newly designed living room so I knew exactly what I was looking for:


Within 10 minutes of being in the store I knew this was going to be harder than I thought. (and realized we weren't so special when they didn't ask to see our coupon and offered up the 42% discount without hesitation)  After hours of contemplating a design for our small room (staring at the most perfect couch) and remembering our budget, we left empty handed.  And back to the drawing board I went.  The next day while the bf was at work I went to 4 other furniture stores.  That's right, F-O-U-R.  And I found nothing.  So disappointing.  Nothing was comfortable, everything had to be special ordered for an additional $300 at least, I was at a total loss.  I went home and put on my best "I'm sad take me back to Mealey's" face.  We had to make a decision, keep our way-too-big-for-our-house couch or go back to the one we loved and beg and plead for a larger discount.  Mealey's it was :)

We ended up purchasing 2 pieces, a light taupe sofa with a chaise (which is much smaller than our current 9 foot monster couch) and an oversized leather chair.

Just a peak at our living room now:


This picture was taken 1 year ago, since then I've added new pillows and put art on the wall to try to brighten the room and nothing really worked.  It's so ... dark.  Hence the new smaller couch in a lighter color.  This room is really tough and is proving to be even more difficult as I try to redecorate it.  The wall to the left is a working fireplace which we use quite often so the tv can't be placed there and the couch definitely can't sit against it.  And as you can see, there's no wall where I am standing taking the picture and there's no wall to the right.

Here's what I'm working with now:



I have 8 weeks until it will be delivered, which means 8 weeks to get that wall painted, and find some new decor.  I'm thinking "cozy chic" if you will, I can't wait to share my finds with you!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love <3